The available and required fields you have to fill out vary depending on the type of issue you are reporting and the associated IssuetypeScheme. The only field that will always be available (and required) is the descriptive title, other fields may vary. A short description of each possible field follows:
- Bad example: The application crashes constantly
- Good example: Whenever I let my cat sleep on the keyboard, the application crashes after about two hours
- Bad example: The stupid application crashed on me! Just as I was about to send my document!"
- Good example: I opened up the application to write a letter to my aunt. I had been writing for two hours non-stop, and was about to send it, when I tripped and accidentally hit some keys on my keyboard and the application crashed with a message saying "Invalid key combination: CTRL+ALT+PAGEUP+F+S+L+G"
- Bad example: The application just randomly crashes, and I have no idea when, where or why. It's usually dark and I don't know what I'm doing
- Good example:
- Open Application
- Click "New document"
- Type some text
- Accidentally trip and hit the key combination CTRL+ALT+PAGEUP+F+S+L+G
- Observe application crashing
issue type scheme, there might be additional fields available in the grey area below the main reporting area (known as the "additional fields area") where you can add less important, but still potentially useful information about the issue. If such fields are reportable and marked as "additional", they will show up here, instead of in the main reporting view.